Old May 18th 05, 04:00 AM
Richard

Plastic it is. Being plastic would seem to allow for it to break and/or
otherwise not be locked into position. Looks like there is a slot for a key.
Something has to lock into place. Can you reach in with your finger and
rotate the gear?

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

"351CJ" > wrote in message news:7Nxie.180$6d.60@trnddc07...

> "Richard" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Joe" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> Yep. The speedo cable is turning. I can actually spin the driven gear
> >> on the transmission end and the speedometer moves (at least a little).
> >> When I insert the cable into the transmission (which should mesh with
> >> the gear), I can still spin the opposite end of the cable (at the
> >> speedometer side). I don't think it is supposed to spin when inserted
> >> into the transmission.
> >>

> > You are correct. You said you replaced the "driven gear" right. Not
> > certain
> > but I thought that the drive gear is a steel worm gear. Points back to

the