Old August 14th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

Default Poetic Justice

"gpsman" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>

> http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html

Without any reference to the length of the punishment this story may as
well been unreported. Was it one day, one week or one school year?
May the child drive elsewhere, or just not to school?

(my reply)

Hey, you just reminded me of something. When I was 16-18 (the age of the
teens in this story), I had to work after school. We had no bus service in
my school district at all, BUT, if we did, and a judge had ordered me to
ride the bus, I would have been FIRED shortly afterward for being late to
work. I wouldn't have minded too much having to ride the bus, but I simply
wouldn't have had time to ride the bus.

Surely ordering someone to quit their job, or causing them to be fired, for
a minor traffic infraction, is not an appropriate punishment. -Dave