Old March 12th 04, 03:56 AM
bill yohler

Default bumper rechrome get-ready steps - DIY preparation & dent filling...

read somewhere silver solder was the ONLY acceptable 'filler' for
small dings prior to chroming and/or rechroming steel bumper
parts....what about brass, as in 'brazed in' filled and filed flat
small dings? would that work? (I got plenty of brazing rods, but very
little silver solder ;-)

ps - there's very =very= little info online re 'how to prepare your
stuff for your visit to the chrome shop', like, zero, far as I can
determine...

also, when they chrome, there's NO reason they can't leave the inside
'bare' is there? I'd prefer anti-rust primers and/or epoxy primers in
there, over that 'rust-real-quick' brand silver stuff they usually
use...

thanks for the education :-)

"Mr Chrome Novice"