Old October 2nd 04, 07:38 AM
Jon Smith

A one-hundred milli-amp draw is normal with today's computer controlled
cars. If your car is left for over two weeks without starting it you
should disconnect the battery cable.

You should start with a freshly charged battery and see what the draw is
with nothing turned on and the battery cables connected. If you are
drawing more than 100 milli-amps you have something in the car that is
draining the battery.

If you have a 100 milli-amp draw or less you should be looking at the
age of the battery. Get a Interstate Megatron battery if it needs to be
replaced.

Lastly, check your alternator output since you did not say that the
alternator was new or original. The factory alternators are known to
fail at this age.