Old December 3rd 04, 12:07 PM
SVTKate

Bras:

I had a bra on my 95 for a short time thinking it would help while I was
commuting to the bay area.
I had recently had the front end of my car refinished.
I bought a good one. Iit fit well and didnt flap in the breeze.

After about a week, I had the misfortune to get stuck behind a slow moving
dump truck on a two lane road where passing was prohibited.
Keep in mind, I don't normally follow closely until I am ready to pass.

I watched in slow motion as a big ol chunk of mud bounced off of the truck.
It bounced a time or two and hit my car sqarely on the nose.
I was so relieved that the bra was on there thinking that my $200 plus
dolars had just been justified.
When I got home, I peeled it back to have a look just to be sure that it had
done it's job.

When the mud ball hit my car some of it fell down just right through the
grill screen and got between the cover and the bumper.
It abraded the paint in the short time (30 miles) between the incident and
the homecoming.

I took the bra off, and returned it, and then spent the following saturday
buffing my bumper out again.

After that I got one of those little half bras. I used it until it wore out
and it worked pretty well. It was easy to put off and on so I didn't have to
leave it there when I wasn't commuting.
It did look like crap, but my hood was pretty much chip free. I cannot say
the same about the hood on this car. But these little nicks came with the
car.

You should also be cautious with your fresh paint. Do not put a bra on it
too soon.
Particularly since the weather is cool. The paint takes a while to cure
completely.

Covers:
When I park mine for long periods, I have an inexpensive nylon cover for it.
It pretty much keeps the big stuff off and is easy to store and wash.

Kate