Old March 2nd 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

In article .com>, Harry K wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>> In article . com>, Harry K wrote:
>>
>> > As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
>> > merging), I don't have the mistaken belief that I own the space ahead
>> > of my vehicle.

>> It is not MFFY to prevent a known obstructing driver who has demonstrated
>> poor planing from getting in front of you to continue obstructing and
>> planing poorly.
>>
>> > I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver
>> > but if they can legally do it, it is no skin off my back side. Now
>> > blocking some MFFY who passes a long line and tries to cut in at a
>> > merge, he'll wait for some one else to let him in.

>> Same theory. You are not allowing someone who has demonstrated poor driving
>> behavior to get in front you.

> First you will have to show how anyione proceeding legally in the right
> lane is "blocking traffic". The blocker is clearly the LLB. Looks to
> me like Scott and the LLB are the only ones demonstrating poor driving
> practices...but then got forbid he should be called on it.

The driver in the right lane was going slowly and wanted to move into the
left lane without turn signal at the same speed. Who knows what his final
intent is. He shouldn't be let in to become a second LLB to deal with.

As far as behavior goes, you're using the same logic as scott, you aren't
letting someone in who isn't driving in a proper manner. IMO no signal
alone is good enough....