Old December 15th 04, 03:06 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "jjs"

>Hello, Chris:
>
>If the cause of the problems was the editor, he'd be out in a heart-beat. I
>will wager that the problem was that the publisher has wanted to off this
>magazine for some time and let it die with the editor. It's like letting a
>bug eat away an unprofitable appendage. With such a rationalization the
>publisher is off the hook and he can say "We tried", whether he did or not.
>Nowadays, it is all about short-term crap. I hate it, too.

John, that does sound both like a feasible and reasonable answer....I
personally feel that the mag was doomed shortly after Ryan took over, whether
because of him or because he had no real "backing" along with him....either
way, Ryan did things with the mag that the readers did not like...I know you
participate/read the STF and there have been several threads there over the
years and a large number of subscribers did indeed cancel their
subscriptions....and we have no idea how many people that read the STF also
decided(quietly) to drop the mag also....either way i feel that it is BAD for
"US"....the "enthusiasts" will be the ones hurt, because competition makes the
products better....
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004