Old December 15th 04, 02:39 AM
jjs

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message
> >From: "jjs"

>>Tough ****, Bob Hoover. It's not about your better taste or knowledge, but
>>something else entirely different. And I rather doubt you would REALLY
>>have
>>it any other way.
>>

> John, while we all know you have experience with magazines, you are
> overlooking
> one MAJOR thing....the circulation of VWTrends has gone WAY down in the
> past
> few years...know why? give you one guess....alot of people can't stand the
> editor....they don't like his attitude, his writing, or the direction he
> has
> pointed "his" magazine...therefore "the people" have spoken....

Hello, Chris:

If the cause of the problems was the editor, he'd be out in a heart-beat. I
will wager that the problem was that the publisher has wanted to off this
magazine for some time and let it die with the editor. It's like letting a
bug eat away an unprofitable appendage. With such a rationalization the
publisher is off the hook and he can say "We tried", whether he did or not.
Nowadays, it is all about short-term crap. I hate it, too.