Old December 15th 04, 02:26 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "jjs"

>Tough ****, Bob Hoover. It's not about your better taste or knowledge, but
>something else entirely different. And I rather doubt you would REALLY have
>it any other way.

John, while we all know you have experience with magazines, you are overlooking
one MAJOR thing....the circulation of VWTrends has gone WAY down in the past
few years...know why? give you one guess....alot of people can't stand the
editor....they don't like his attitude, his writing, or the direction he has
pointed "his" magazine...therefore "the people" have spoken....while i
understand that the small amount of money made on subscriptios is trivial to a
publisher, advertisers do not advertise in a magazine that nobody buys...it
really has nothing to do with "knowing about publishing magazines" but more to
do with basic business economics....if you don't make money you
fold....incidently my subscription expires March 05....guess it is "up in the
air' whether i will get the last issue or not...<G>

Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004