Old August 11th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E28 Guyİ

Default Low profile wider tires noisier?

bimbim wrote:
> Hello all. I have just replaced my stock 15"s on a 95 325i with 17"s
> with 8" on front and 81/2" on the rear.

Ah! So you're one of those rare people who prefers even *more*
understeer than the average BMW brings to the table!

> I find the front noisy. It has Continental Tires. Is this normal? There
> is no vibration felt so I'm thinking it might not be the balancing.
>
> The rears don't have so much noise and have Toyo Proxess.

Why the hell would you have not only two different *sizes* of tires,
but two entirely different *brands* of tires on your car? Are you
being stupendously cheap or are you just dumb?
--
C.R. Krieger
(Tried that only when I was desperate enough.)