Old October 25th 04, 10:58 PM
SRG

Again, Recalls are for SAFETY issues, not defects in the car.

> This is the problem with American cars! Poort quality compared to european
> or Japanese.

My 87 Plymouth Reliant never had a blown head gasket, (got wrecked at 12 yrs
old, 150 k miles on it) but I remember my friend's Toyota truck having one.

Chrysler did have a head gasket problem with the 95 to 98 1/2, 2.0 and 2.4 L
engines. Neons, Breezes, Stratus's all had the problem. Lots of people
were able to get it fixed with Chrysler footing the bill for all or most of
the costs, it they had 80 to 100k miles or less on the car. Sometimes
Chrysler refused to help at all-- it seemed to be whatever dealer you went
to and how they felt that day.
It doesn't cost anything to ask, but for a 6 year old car, I'd be surprised
if Chrysler helped out much.

Good Luck
SRG