Old June 5th 06, 07:37 AM posted to aus.cars,alt.fan.landrover,rec.autos.4x4

Default Land Rover Discovery bonnet release at 60 km/h

wrote:

> The car: Was I driving an old Disco. No, it's a 2003 Land Rover
> Discovery, Series II, purchased Dec 2003,
> under warranty until Dec 2006. Serviced by the book by Land Rover
> service centres.

I take it that this means that the service book doesn't have a section on
checking the bonnet locking mechanism's integrity.

> The most important issue for me and my family is, why did this
> accident happen? Furthermore, what will stop it happening again?

**** can happen anywhere anytime. There is no rule that says it can't happen
again. Might be a good idea to check the securing mechanism yourself.