Old May 29th 05, 05:44 PM
MUADIBŪ

>> I have watched some videos and seen some results of the front wheel on
>> thos crotch rockets going willy nilly and eventually throwing the
>> rider. All it takes is something to have a "groove" pattern on the
>> surface ridden and it will set up gyrations that make the smaller tire
>> unstable, and thus start shimmying and make a guy lose it. EVEN A
>> STRONG FELLA.....(not yelling, just making a strong ppoint here)

>Isn't that why steering dampeners are fitted?

Yes Jan, That *is* the reason. But it doesn't change the fact that
they are still less "gyroscopic than a larger diameter wheel/tire.

Good points made by Chris, but most of the ones I see riding around
town are doing just that. riding around town. Pulling wheelies in the
HOV lane on a major freeway, actin' a fool. I agree with the fact that
they are way more stable in hard turns, hell, turns in general, as
the CG of the Cycle is lower. But still more unstable for driving
typical stuff around town , than say a Hardley Sportster.

Either way, I do believe you should know your stuff when riding, I
believe Chris/Joey likely has a great deal of experience riding MC's
and I would only bow to experience, not the "more tread on the tire"
theory.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html