Old May 26th 05, 10:13 PM

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> > > If getting a bad one is a random event, then so is getting a good one.

> > Only if the probabilities are exactly equal.

> Study some probability theory

Your sentence structure gives an implied equals sign. And you
conveniently snipped the larger context of that comment.

The probability of getting a bad VW is small. This implies that
getting a good one is large.

HTH.

> > The mid-A2 - early-A3 (early '90s), especially Mexican-production, cars
> > were dreadful.

> Ah, yes, the old "Oh, you must have had a *MEXICAN* built car, that
> explains your bad experience!" canard.

Oh, gosh - reading comprehension issues, again.

I didn't write anything like that, but it is a very lovely strawman.

E.P.