Old July 14th 05, 02:57 PM
Frank Boettcher

When that happened on my '90, the window actuator mechanism was
broken. Specifically, it is a metal frame with some plastic guides
that control a cable driven by a little motor. One of the pieces of
plastic was broken. caused the cable to not bring the window all the
way up. Had to replace the whole actuator because the plastic piece
was not a service item, new or used. Burns me up that the service
price is controlled by a ten cent plastic part.

It is not hard to take off the door panel to check it.

By the way, when the second one broke, I didn't want to spend the
money to fix it so I took of the interior panel, blocked the window
closed and pulled the fuse on the window circuit for that window.