Old August 21st 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

Default Replacement Glass ? Giant Glass: Opinions On ?

"Robert11" > wrote in
news
> ello:
>
> Have a 2006 Accord that looks like it will need a replacement front
> windshield due to a lot of rocks impacting it over the year.
>
> Would Giant Glass be O.K. to use ?
>
> I guess I'm wondering if they use "real" Honda approved glass, or an
> after-market type ?

Almost 100% chance it's aftermarket. OEM is *very* expensive.

> Should I have it done by a Honda dealership ?

They'll farm it out to a glass shop anyway, and will use aftermarket.

The most important thing is to make sure all the paint nicks are patched up
before the new glass goes in. And for that you need a shop that will allow
you to inspect the aperture.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ