Old July 9th 06, 01:45 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.porsche,alt.auto.mercedes
RichAsianKid

Default Z4 M vs Boxster S vs SLK 55

John Cisarik wrote:
> "RichAsianKid" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Which of the above is the best roadster? What do people think?
> >
> > Here's a Russian article. Can anyone translate this.
> > http://bmw.carclub.ru/articles/allarticles/0000004340/
> >
> > I'm not sure which one I'd choose. I probably lean towards the Z4 M,
> > but Boxster S has probably better handling. Recently Boxster S won vs
> > Z4M in a comparo. SLK 55 has nice hardtop but no manual, but has
> > presence (read: chicksmobile?) from the front like the SLR. I think all
> > are winners. Any thoughts?
> >

> The article is too long to translate, but here are the pluses and minuses
> that they assign to each:
>
> Boxster:
> + for handling, quality, display arrangment
> - for lack of comfort
>
> SLK:
> + for comfort, power
> - for handling, braking
>
> Z4:
>
> + for handling, transmission
> - for visibility, comfort

Thanks.

Too bad Google does not have the Russian translation engine. Did the
article give an overall winner? Not that it matters much - it's like a
composite index anyway, so depends what you're looking for. But since
it's posted to a Russian BMW carclub possibly the reviewers gave the
nod to the Z4M?