Old June 16th 05, 08:20 AM
Kevin Holzer

xeon19 wrote:
> I have changed everything on this car. Master cylinder, metal lines,
> rubber hoses, wheel cylinders and still have the same problem that I
> started with the pedal goes to the floor if I pump quikly they will
> get tight I can even move back alittle on the pedal and push forward
> and it will hold but when I let it go and push again there is
> nothing.I have bleed several bottles of fluid through the system.
> what am I doing wrong? anyway I am ready to light fire to this thing.
>

> Thanks
> Adam

How are you bleeding your brakes, through a piece of hose or just
opening and closing with the pedal down? I read about a guy with a ghia
that put his calipers on incorrectly (bleeder valve on bottom) and air
got trapped in his system. Spent hundreds on parts before realizing he
put the calipers on upside down. Sounds like there is air in the system
definitely, maybe someone with more knowledge on the group can give you
better insight.
-Kevin