Old January 27th 05, 10:01 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, backally wrote:

> I have a '86 Dodge Daytona with the 2.2 turbo, 115K miles. The last
> month or two I noticed after putting it in the garage that there is a
> fuel smell about a half hour later. I could not find any leaks
> anywhere. Recently I noticed it while driving, pulled over and found a
> slight smoke coming from the area of the injectors. I pulled off the
> fuel rail and replaced the injector O rings. Everything else looked
> good...fuel rail, lines, clamps. However, that didn't fix the problem.
> I don't see any leaks or wet spots anywhere.

Look *VERY* carefully at the two flex lines that connect your fuel rail
(on the engine) to the hard fuel lines (on the body), at the right rear
corner of the engine bay. I have seen MANY "car-B-que" messes that started
out as turbo Mopars 'cause these lines failed. If you replace them, you
MUST use EFI hose marked SAE 30R9. Do not attempt to use any other hose
(30R6, 30R7, etc.) unless you have a death wish.