Old December 24th 04, 02:00 AM
Jim Warman

The pin fits in a recess in a spool valve and can't fall into the trans....
they do, however, like to fall into a place either inaccessible or crude.

For the curious, the vacuum modulator, pin and spool valve 'modulates'
transmission line pressure using engine vacuum to indicate the amount of
load on the engine. Low vacuum drives the line pressure high to prevent
slipping bands and/or clutches. High vacuum indicates light engine loading
and drives line pressure low - this reduces the horsepower required to run
the transmission pump and allows for a softer shift feel.

HTH

m...