Old October 7th 04, 11:40 AM
Frank Kemper

Peter Bozz > haute in die Tasten:

> But can you really directly compare the 1 series to the Ford Focus or
> the Opel Astra? Isn't it a bit like comparing the 5 series to
> the Ford Mondeo? It's just not the same thing.

On a technical basis you can very well compare these cars, especially as
the 1' series lacks typical BMW characteristics like fine interior
materials and smooth as silk inline-six engines. In a comparison between
the VW Golf 2.0 FSI and the BMW 120i the Golf won, and other comparisons
between Golf and Astra or Focus show, that all these cars are very
competitive. Of course it is a difference to say "I own a BMW" instead of
"I drive a Ford Focus", but time will tell wether people are ready to
spend a small fortune for this. IMHO the price difference between 1'
series and 3' series is too small - this car simply is too expensive.

Frank

Citroen - Made in Trance