Old January 16th 05, 12:11 AM

writes:

> Whenever I go online and search for car prices, I need to enter the zip
> code first. Does it mean different places have different car prices?
> Why it that?
>
> please advise. thanks!!

There are two reasons.

1. Regulatory requirements vary from state to state. A car to be sold
in California must meet tougher emissions regulations than cars
sold in many states, for example.

2. Regional promotions. A manufacturer may offer a special option
package or a special price only for California, say, or in the
Pacific Northwest.

--
-Stephen H. Westin