Old July 21st 04, 11:59 PM
CuriousOnly

Default Are saturns notorious for burning oil?

I have a '97 Saturn SL1, that I have not had any major problems with since I
purchased it. I have noticed, however, that if I do an oil change myself or
take it to a shop to do it, there always appears to be a bit less than what
I would normally expect to see. One tech said that Saturns are notorious
for burning oil. Is this true? If it is, no big deal, I still like my car,
but I wanted to make sure that there might not be something else wrong. The
engine never overheats (at least as far as the gauges are concerned) I never
run OUT of oil, and I have yet to see any leaking anywhere from the engine
or on the ground underneath. I've never noticed this on other vehicles
(ruling out a normal allowance of burned oil)

Any ideas?