Old September 8th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Bert Hyman

Default How to change battery in key fob

In Bert Hyman
> wrote:

> In "Andrew Schumer"
> wrote:
>
>> The key fob for my 2004 VW Passat no longer works.
>> According to the dealer there is a battery inside that they recommend
>> be changed yearly.

> http://riskinit.com/gallery_template...age=index.html

One comment: The first illustration suggests you can simply pull the two
halves of the key apart. I found it easier to use a flat-bladed
screwdriver.

Flip open the key blade. In the recess where the key normally sits, you
should see a slot where it should be clear you should stick the blade,
give it a twist to separate the two pieces.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN