Old October 11th 04, 01:17 AM
dom

(SteveH) wrote:

>>> We need a poll... how many ex Cinq owners are in here!

>>Heh. They do seem quite a common choice amongst Alfisti.
>>
>>To be honest, the Cinq. could have been a 'baby Alfa'. In fact, I
>>suppose it was, in a way, as it looked like a 145 that had been shrunk
>>in the wash and drives like an Alfa, too.

>Drives like an Alfa except in slow motion?

Doesn't *feel* like slow motion. And actually, used to drive the cinq faster
than I do the 147. Once got chased by the police (I didn't know it, until
I was putting it in the garage), and they said they couldn't keep up (mini
roundabouts, tight corners, told me not to do it again). Hehe.

Odd thing - people will sit behind the 147 in a 30 speed limit at 30mph.
They'd overtake the cinquecento. Same at 70 on a dual carriageway.

dom.