Old March 15th 05, 03:41 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Peter" > wrote in message
> I don't doubt that you fitted rear shoes to the front, but not Type 1 rear
> shoes. The front drums on a Super Bug have an internal diameter if 248mm,
> whereas the rears for those (and both front and rear standard Bugs) are
> 230mm. However, the Super Bug front uses the same wheel cylinder and shoe
> linings from early Type 3 rear drums, which also had a diameter of 248mm.
> So, it seems more likely that you fitted Type 3 rear brake shoes. I did

not
> realise this before, otherwise I would have said.

entirely possible...that has been a long time ago and they were rear
shoes...they were purchased at a local autoparts chain store, however i was
told by several places exactly what i replied to Scott.(that the rears
worked for the front and that the front cores were more rare, therefore the
rear was used for both)....not sure how true it was, and haven't owned a
super since then.....i run 4 wheel disc brakes on my current bug, and can
really never see me having drums after this one......