Old November 15th 04, 10:21 AM
Derek Wealleans

Had this problem twice on my Golf (14 years old), then I unfastened the
blower motor by a twist action and guessed that the resistor pack to vary
the motor speed was duff. There is a thermal cut out. Balls to all that so
I found the power wire and bridged it direct AT THE CONNECTOR side (power
in) to the highest speed setting. So now I have only high speed at position
one on the switch. I also cut in an inline fuse. The motor takes 12 amps
or more.

A Year back there was a thread on this point plus info where to buy the
thermal cut out from Maplins to do it all. If only one speed cuts out it is
one of the resistors. Full speed had no resistors.

--
Derek Wealleans

Remember:- remove the anti spam