Old May 28th 04, 09:37 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
Christoph Bollig > wrote:

> Anyway, the bomb works fine on the older
> one and not at all on the newer one (which sort of confrims my 50%
> assumption, just with a very small sample).

.... and once you've fixed the faulty one, your small sample will suggest
that the bomb never fails!

> Model No:
> good: 443 612 061 H
> bad: 443 612 061 B
> --> I don't think the H and B has much significance, but I might be
> wrong

The final letter is a VAG revision identifier, and suggests to me that
the bomb in your old car is a newer version than that in your new car.
This would mean that the bomb in one of the cars has been changed -
almost certainly a newer part has been fitted to the older car.