Old January 5th 05, 03:53 AM
Cory Dunkle

"DTJ" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:45:25 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >They are there to serve the public and keep the roads and towns safe.

Sometimes they seem to forget
> >that, and who pays their salary.

> Ha, ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha
> ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha,
> ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha,
> ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha
> ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha,
> ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha, ha ha, ha,
> ha
>
> You mean you really believe that "protect and serve" crap?
>
> That went out in the 50's.
>
> Now it is all about revenue. Cops don't give a **** about protecting
> you, nor do they understand serving the public, and they certainly
> don't give a rat's ass about who pays their salary. They view their
> job as another entitlement program.

Sad but true... I've heard from several people (perhaps even Jaybird) that
the whole "protect and serve" thing was a marketing gimmick for the police
that started out on California when people were starting to get very unhappy
with the police. Jaybird had repeatedly said that it is not his nor any
other cops job to protect or serve any of us. He says such things in a very
mocking and belittling way.

Cory