Old June 16th 04, 06:40 PM
Tha Ghee

"Steve Grauman" > wrote in message
> >GM uses these engines for their toque and good emissions.

> The torque output from the Malibu's 3.1 litre and the N/A variant of the

3.8
> have never been great. But it's enough to make point to point

transporation
> workable. But their overall power output and fuel consumption are less

than
> ideal. A twin-cam 3.0 litre utilizing a multi-valve head and a basic

variable
> valve timing system could've yielded the same or better power output as

the N/A 3.8 and been smoother to boot, not to mention, it probably would've
gotten
> better fuel economy. The Opel/Saab sourced 3.0 litre in the Saturn L300 is
> actually their best V6, IMO.
>
> >The Pilot and MDX have the same engine,
> >so do the 3.2 Accord and T/CL

> No, the North American version of the Accord runs a 3.0 litre with 240Hp.

The Acura TL gets a 3.2 litre version with 270Hp, both engines have VTEC.
The
> European/Asian Accord, sold as the TSX in North America has a 2.4 litre,

i-VTEC equipped I-4 with 200Hp.

> > the Por. is a H-6 which was explained to me
> >as being different because of the two extra cylinders

> Porsche uses a "flat" or "boxer" six, but it has the same number of

cyllinders
> as any other 6-cylinder engine. Wanna guess how many?

the coupe Accord has the 3.2.

I know that, but Subie uses a H-4. they just now got H-6, and aren't using
it as much as they can.