Old March 19th 05, 02:43 AM
Spike

Redding is fairly "new" compared to the Good Guys and Reno, but it has
been growing fast and BIG. We're getting the crowd in from WA, OR, ID,
NV, down to the Bay Area, and getting better each year. The main is
Kool April Nites coming up next month. There is a lesser one in August
for Hot August Nites (hey, I didn't pick the names... ).

True Redding is HOT in the summer, (so is Merced, Mojave, Bakersfield,
and most other central valley cities and town) but surrounded by
mountains up to 14,162' to the west, north, and east. Major lakes rec
areas, rivers, and streams. Twenty minutes and you're climbing into
higher elevations and considerably cooler. We've had snowstorms close
the mountain highways in June and July. It's also become a big site
for Spring Break for University of Oregon, and U of Washington
students who come down and rent houseboats.

On 18 Mar 2005 17:41:03 -0800, wrote:

>Spike wrote:
>
>> Well, I think that was more than Kate was askin' but OK.
>> I think the Redding and Reno gatherings are better,
>> but that's my opinion.

>Redding? I've not heard of that one. When is it? That place is HOT
>in the summer. Reno Hot August Nights dwarfs anything else. The Good
>Guys' Get Togethers and the hot rod Nationals have expanded to include
>Thursday and Friday activities, but mostly they're just the usual cars
>and lawnchair on the grass type deal.
>
>If it's not raining on Sunday my youngest daughter and I will be down
>there with our light yellow '70 Cougar. We're always on the big lawn
>next to the double decker bus when there's room, or else way out by the
>Car Corral if there's not.
>
>180 Out

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16