Old July 22nd 05, 05:11 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Don Stauffer wrote:

> Our new one has an auto :-( We'd have preferred the manual, but we knew
> the last van we had, a '94 model, was one of the very last ones with
> manual. None in 95 and beyond.

Actually, 1995 was the last year in which handshift minivans were
available in North America from Chrysler Corp, and then only with the
2.5-litre 4-cylinder engine.

> I don't think there are ANY minivans now with manual.

There are lots of them...outside North America. Everywhere else in the
world, you can have your Chrysler Voyager with a very nice turbodiesel
engine and a 5-speed.