Old January 9th 05, 02:19 PM
Burt Squareman

"John Diamond" > wrote in message ...
> I have a 96 Lincoln Mark 8. I don't care for my current headlights, which
> are metal halide bluelights. My question: Is it possible to convert them over
>to regular halogen headlights. If so, how would I go about this?

Depending on the lamp, this is how I'd do it. With a wire snipper, cut
out the halide lamp from its housing. Next, install a cool blue halogen
(usually by welding or wire twists) in its place. Disconnect the ballast
then rearrange the power supply to handle the new halogen bulb.

If you go with regular halogen you'll get a dull amber light. Blue or cool
blue coated bulbs appear are somewhat white.