Old November 2nd 04, 09:04 PM
David G Fisher

In this country, we will wait until it's past the crisis point before we
actually do anything about it. We don't believe we should have to
inconvenience ourselves for the greater good. The world revolves around us.

Bush's big plan is to drill for oil in Alaska, which would give the US six
months worth of oil, wouldn't be available for ten years, and could cause a
disaster in that region.

Whether it's the depletion of fossil fuels, the destruction of the
environment, or overpopulation, the majority of people in this country
aren't going to do a damn thing until it's too late.
--
David G Fisher

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message
> David G Fisher wrote:
> <snipped my own stuff>
> >
> > Your approach is the right way. Unforutnately, there is a tiny % of
> > Americans who think the way you and other Europeans do. We just don't

have
> > enough people with the wisdom or intelligence to understand that

approach.
> > At least not yet. Our views and reactions are very naieve, childish,
> > emotional and unjustifiably arrogant. Maybe in another 50

years..........

> I *think* it will happen sooner than this, simply because we will run
> out of oil and gas much sooner than the medias think. The western
> corporate worlds without oil is totally crippled and simply unable to
> make money, let alone profit.
>
> Gas prices are already running wild, and there is no solution to that
> because the rate of newly discovered and exploited gas sources is much
> smaller than the decline of the already exploited ones and demand. We
> run out of gas first, and then we'll start using oil instead, then the
> oil prices will go wild.
>
> What amazes me is the total lack of focus on this, not even progressive
> news medias address it; a society without oil needs to be based and
> built on entirely different grounds, and it will be an extremely painful
> process since the peoples will do anything to change things, and the
> elite in power will do anything NOT to change things.
>

> > I don't care if saying that offends anyone in this country. Where I live

has
> > very little to do with the people unfortunately.
> >
> > BTW, OBL is in complete control of Bush, this administration, and many

in