Old November 2nd 04, 01:01 PM
David G Fisher

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message
> After reading this it all stands clear before me:
> All this cooks down to one single thing: Where we place ourselves in
> this world. If you place yourself on top of everything you'll see
> terrorists everywhere, and call them evil, and you won't have the
> slightest idea why they attack you. If you place yourself on the bottom
> you think those on top get every damn bit they deserve because they have
> inflicted so much pain and suffering through their political military
> actions.
>
> One thing that americans tend to forget in the discussion is the fact
> that we have had terrorist attacks in europe during most of the 20th
> century, and that we have had to adjust our foreign policy accordingly,
> because it became apparent that our foreign policy created people who
> were willing to sacrifice their lives for a cause.
>
> Now, there are two courses of action when you realize this: You can 1)
> start a world wide war on everything that even resembles a terrorist,
> because you have to be utterly and thoroughly paranoid in order to fight
> such a threat efficiently, or you can 2) start evaluating and analyze
> your own foreigh policy in order to eliminate the factors that creates
> suicide bombers, and adjust accordingly.
>
> Again, if you place yourself on top of the world you'll say: "why should
> we adjust to *anything* of this world", if you place yourself on the
> bottom you'll say: "We will *force* them to adjust, and we'll gladly
> sacrifice our own lives in the process".
>
> It's a matter of self image, self deceit and dillusion. Very simply put.
> Broaden your mind, get a perspective based on moral and ethical issues
> instead of world position, and you'll see what I mean. Time will proove

it.

> ---Asgeir---

Your approach is the right way. Unforutnately, there is a tiny % of
Americans who think the way you and other Europeans do. We just don't have
enough people with the wisdom or intelligence to understand that approach.
At least not yet. Our views and reactions are very naieve, childish,
emotional and unjustifiably arrogant. Maybe in another 50 years..........

I don't care if saying that offends anyone in this country. Where I live has
very little to do with the people unfortunately.

BTW, OBL is in complete control of Bush, this administration, and many in
this country. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6387377/
--
David G Fisher