Old August 7th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Cameron

Default Cheap "tuneup" things to help with emissions?

One of the things I've read is to check or replace the PCV valve. I see in
my Haynes manual where it says it is, but I dont really see anything in that
spot that could be it. Can anyone see it in these pictures?

In these pictures your going to see something else, and I need to know if
this is causung me a problem or not.
Here is a picture of the throttle body side of my 88 vert that has a
beautiful engine:
http://tgaraid.com/images/correct.jpg
There is a yellow arrow on the left and right side pointing to two tubes.
The one on the right goes right down into another tube and the one of the
left goes so far down behind the engine that I cannot trace it.

Here is a picture of my emissions failing engine:
http://tgaraid.com/images/broken.jpg
In this picture I have the air filter (k&n) removed along with the hose that
connects to the TB. I have also unplugged the oil filler hose. I have
drawn yellow arrows to the same left and right places where I have NO hoses
hooked up! NONE! I looked on the right and found the hose still attached
and one end was plugged with a bolt. I could no locate the other hose on
the left side.

Do these make a difference and what shoudl I do about them? I can obviously
hook the one on the right up, but can I just plug the one on the left?

Thanks!
--Cameron