Old March 15th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Did I not do enough?

> brink:
> Still on the phone with dispatcher, we approach an intersecting highway
> where I need to turn east and he's turning west, (busy 4-lane highway with
> lots of stoplights in a commercial district) I told the dispatcher this and
> never saw him again.
>
> My only regret was not being able to continue following at a safe distance
> to make sure he was nabbed by the cops. Should I have continued following
> this car (way back of course) to keep the cops apprised of his location?

IMO, with the info you gave them, you should have given them enough
information to start looking for him. Ideally, you could have stuck with
the other car untill the cops got him, but you can't do all their work
for them. That assumes, of course, that the cops wanted to be bothered
with him to begin with and the dispatcher wasn't just taking the info
from you to humor you.