Old November 7th 04, 05:01 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, cloaked wrote:

> I have a 94 Grand Caravan. The problem I have is that there is a noise
> coming from the wiper system. This noise sounds like finger nails on a
> black board and is driving me nuts.

It's in the bushings. You may be able to eliminate it by removing the
wiper arm-and-blade assemblies, removing the cowl cover to get access to
the wiper motor and link arms, and lubricating all pivot points with
silicone grease (I use Sil-Glyde from Napa) or, as applicable to those
that cannot be disassembled, silicone spray lube.

> I am not sure how you take the arms off of the pivots. Anyone know how
> this is done???

Look closely where the arm fits on the pivot. There's a small lever tab
tucked along one side of the arm. Lift the wiper blade away from the
windshield and use a small screwdriver to pry the small lever away from
the arm; this will lock the blade in the "off glass" position and allow
you to lift the arm assembly off the pivot.