Old May 25th 04, 07:48 PM
john s

> > After the S8, I'd say go for a used or leftover A6
> > 2.7T S-Line. 0-60 in well under 6 seconds, plus Quattro in a nice

medium-large
> > sedan. The new version's 3.2 simply won't be as good as far as I'm

concerned.

> Why not? Similar output, no? Plus (maybe) the DSG? Hell, I'm thinking
> a next-gen A6 w/DSG is probably going to be my next car.

No, the 3.2 FSI is superior. Here's a link to the FSI output (purple)
overlaid on A6 2.7T graph. Above 2500 rpms 3.2 puts out more power and revs
to a greater speed. The FSI curves go off standard 2.7T chart! At low speeds
the slightly higher turbo torque doesn't show up in on-road performance,
graph is steady-state output. By the time turbo gets under boost engine
speed is already greater, so in real world FSI also better down low. Both
2.7T and 3.2 were tested using 95 RON gas.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/shost0...SI-overlay.gif