Old July 24th 05, 12:58 PM
Dean Dark

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 07:16:08 -0400, Shadowdancer >
wrote:

>I wonder if this is related to a problem we've been having with the AC
>on our '98 Z3 convertible, 2.8 litre. We cannot turn it completely off.
>Instead of having 0 1 2 3 4 as controls, it gives us 1 1 2 3 4, so there
>is always cold blowing. Other than that, it works great! Even when the
>outside temp is 90 to 95, the air is chilling in the cockpit.

Most cars' blower motor controls are set to run the fan at low speed
all the time while the AC compressor is engaged. It's done to keep
air flowing through the evaporator matrix to prevent ice from building
up on it. I bet the fan will go off completely if you turn off the AC
button.
--
Dan.