Old October 12th 04, 01:12 PM
Bob Warmen

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message n.umich.edu>...
> 1) Phantom wipers and trans behavior sound like marginal, disconnected,
> severed or missing grounds. Trans shifts to 2nd and stays there if it gets
> no signal from controller, so if controller loses ground, trans is going
> to hit 2nd "right now".
>
> 2) You need a trans flush, fluid and filter change now that you have
> contaminated your *critically formulated* trans fluid with that Lucas
> gunk.

Dan

Thanks for your input, especially on the ground theory. I'm out of
state for couple of days and already (prior to your suggestion) have
mechanic checking connectors when I get back.
Will advise after that. Also, no tbl codes in computer last night as I
sat in van watching machanic running computer tests using Snap-On
DBII(?) tester.

Joe,

Thanks for your input, but still trust my machanic, not that he can't
make mistakes.

Bob