Old May 22nd 05, 04:28 PM
ALAN MATTHEWS via CarKB.com

This is Alan Matthews again. Have looked on Bently Publishers Audi
discussion group and found that this is a fairly common fault.

See :- http://tech.bentleypublishers.com where if you do a search under
"instrument display" there are messages from a few other sufferers - but no
fixes - (this is mostly from USA).

However I would like to find out firstly how the red light is produced eg.
LED, or bulb and if it is this that goes dim which I might be able to fix,
or if the fault is the actual Liquid Crystal unit which I can not fix !!!

Does anybody have a failed or scrap instrument panel they could send me (I
will pay postage etc.) so that I can have a play without risking the unit
in my car ?

Thanks for the help so far

Alan Matthews (Matty)

How much is a new instrument panel by the way