Old February 8th 05, 07:34 PM
Son of Sam

Default Awful gas smell

OK guys...I figured out what was wrong with my car (93 Cavalier RS),
but I wanted to see if anybody else had this happen to them. It turns
out the terrible smell I've been getting has been gasoline. One of my
fuel injectors is leaking and it's stinking up the car pretty bad. But
what has me confused is that when I start my car in the morning (it's
really cold right now), something starts blowing in through the vents
for a minute or so. Is this just related to the gas that has leaked
out? It stops after a minute though. What would explain this? Just
some gas burning up? It only happens when I cold start it. When the
car is warm it doesn't do it. Any ideas or is this just normal for
this type of problem?

Thanks y'all.