Old June 21st 05, 06:04 AM
disallow via CarKB.com

After getting the front brake pads done on my 98 civic, I noticed a clunk
when I went over bumps as well. It ended up being the way the pads fit in
there, maybe honda changed manufacturers or something, cuz those pads just
don't fit in there properly.

I took it back to the dealership and they tried to make it better, (and
succeeded, I think by bending some of the shims a little). However, now its
about 30000kms later, and I notice a 'click' upon acceleration and another
pronounced 'click' when I decelerate. This only happens in 1st and 2nd gear,
i guess the other gears the deceleration is more gradual. The only thing I
can trace it down to is that the pads are shifting inside the caliper. I
checked my driveshafts, and the outer joints on both are super tight,
otherwise i would have suspected that. I have also replace a tie rod end on
the driver side, it was toast, but did not solve the clicking.

Thats what I came up with anyways. Any other thoughts out there?