Old November 5th 04, 02:00 PM
Oppie

Remember that the tweeters have a capacitor in series with them. This blocks
any net DC voltage that might appear on the speaker bus. Probably the next
step is opening up the inside door panel to check the woofer connections and
if the voice coil is open. I've been hearing that it is easier to remove the
outer (plastic) door skin than the inner. Don't know if you can get to the
connectors and speaker from the outside. If the speaker has to be changed,
it has to be removed from the interior side.

You should also measure the DC voltage between the radio speaker output
terminals. Should be no more than .25V. Do this with the radio on and volume
down.

om...