Old July 22nd 05, 04:53 PM

"N8N" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Very few DRL
> implementations light up the sides or rear of the car, and the ones
> using high beams are painfully glaring under any conditions that would
> warrant regular headlight use. The world would be a better place if
> auto mfgrs. just built cars, and stopped trying to save us from
> ourselves.

Agree on the DRLs that leave the sides and rear unlighted. Headlight DRLs
are okay if they default to low beam. My wife's car does that and lights up
the rear, etc.

My poor old Dodge Van is totally manual mht lighting. And as much as I
bitch about people driving in the rain with no lights, I have occasionally
caught myself without my lights on. Seldom, but it has happened. Doesn't
make
it any less dangerous.

I would convert my to full time automatic lighting if I could find a kit to
do it
in such a way as to avoid the problems you mention. I suppose I could rig
a simple relay to bypass the headlight switch to low beams every time the
key is in Run position.