Old May 23rd 04, 04:29 AM

If it's the same as my 39 Ply, then the shaft that goes into the lock
is square (5/16 I think). I found a handle at a harware store - used
for garage doors, that was nicely shaped and not too modern looking.
Walk down your back lane and pay attention to the overhead door
opening handles. You may be able to work a deal with a neighbour.

The mount plate I had and I merely mounted the new handle to it - some
modification. I may have an extra mount plate circa 1950 tha may do
the job for you if you think you want it - first measure the spread
between the two screw holes.

Pete