Old January 17th 05, 11:03 AM
Sparky

Howard wrote:

> Yeah, they got room. They could forgo the few dollars holdback they'll
> receive after they sell you a car for a $90 loss. And yeah, they could give
> away the few dollars they make on the financing. What the hell, why allow
> them to make anything? You'd do the same in your business wouldn't you?

My heart really bleeds for the poor dealers. [not]

When demand is high for an especially hot model, dealers can & do sell
them for well over the MSRP, sometimes $1,000's more. It's supply &
demand, if you can negotiate the price down, only a fool wouldn't. Let
the dealer worry about his own ass (just think of the profit from the
service & parts depts).

Wal-Mart has no scruples about throwing its economic weight around, does it?