Old April 24th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default looking for VW specific junkyard in Oklahoma I went to 10 years ago

What you are looking for is Wilson's in Lexington, about a 2 hour drive
from DFW. Sadly Wilson's is no more. The owner died back in 2000 and
the yard's doors were closed. In the Summer of 2004 his daughter and
her husband opened up the doors a few times to try and clear out some
of the stock in the yard, all of this being announced on the Samba, but
have since sent everything in the yard to the crusher. There was still
some stuff in the warehouse, but I am not sure how to go about getting
access to it or if it is still there. For local resources, you may want
to consider asking around on the Dallas Air Cooler's site,
http://dallasaircoolers.com as one of the guys on there may be able to
point you to a resource close by. Alternatively you can try posting on
http://thesamba.com to see if someone has what you are looking for.
Good luck!

Tom