Old April 5th 06, 02:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Sick and twisted idea

"ReddDawg" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a 1963 Chevy II Nova wagon. 194 inline 6. Today I was offered
> an M-52 and wiring harness, running for 200 bucks.
>
> Anyone have any idea how possible it would be? I realize I would need
> an ECM and various sensors along with a transmission but is it feasable?

Find a suitable BMW chassis to put it in. This engine has come out of a 5
or 7 series and you want to put a working engine in a wheeled skip*?

It might make a sensible car if you also managed to salvage, semi trailing
arm suspension, disk brakes (ventilated front) with ABS, 5 speed steptronic
box, limited slip diff', alloy wheels with decent rubber... etc. etc.

I suppose the Chevy has the benefit of a lot more room in the back than a 5
or 3 series touring...

A complete original spec' is hard to find but roughly : -

194ci (~3l) i6 engine, output 120bhp (~80kW) although a 154ci (~2.5l) i4
pushrod "iron duke" engine was an option*

Two speed (yes two!) powerglide transmission.

Weight probably over 2Mg.

Top speed ~84mph (on its own speedo)

Drum brakes.

Probable: -

5" wide wheels

Cart spring suspension.

* the output of this unit was probably 90bhp (~60kW), OTOH the ten years
later you could get a Nova with a 396ci V8 producing anywhere between 325 -
425bhp (~250kW). This means it would go faster in a straight line.